1. To identify the obstacles that may hamper broadband market entry and development
2. To Introduce National Policy for high speed broadband Internet in Sri Lanka
3. Give recommendations and provide unique strategy to the stakeholders to increase broadband penetration in Sri Lanka in the process of making broadband ubiquitous.
4. To covert Sri Lanka to a supplier of digital goods and services to the global market
5. To increase public exposure in broadband related services
6. To increase the use of on-line services among citizens by developing e-applications in the key areas of public services
7. To increase the local content especially in the areas of education, entertainment and services
8. To develop IP BPO infrastructure facilities
9. To increase IT literacy
10. To increase computer penetration and usage
11. To introduce modern communication technologies to the country at appropriate times
12. To help investors by opening new opportunities in IT sector
13. Invent new businesses and create opportunities by utilizing existing resources in the country to the maximum
14. Provide advisory services and guidance to stakeholders in broadband related matters
15. To achieve the targets of e-Sri Lanka by the year 2013.